- Article 1 : Name
- This federation shall be called the International Sumo Federation (hereinafter called the "IFS")
- Article 2 : Office
- The office of the IFS shall be located at 1-15-20 Hyakunincho, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, Japan.
- Article 3 : Definition
- The use of "sumo" in these rules refers to Japanese Amateur Sumo.
- The use of "Country" in these rules refers to countries and regions.
- Article 4 : Principles of Equality and Non- intervention
- 1. No form of discrimination based on race, creed, political opinion or any other reason may be made in the IFS.
- 2. IFS shall not conduct political activities and shall not intervene in the internal affairs of an organization
- that is a member of IFS (hereinafter called a “member organization”).
- However, in cases where there is conflict, dispute etc. among multiple member organizations, IFS shall mediate and
- make a final resolution.
- 3. A member organization must not intervene in the internal affairs of other member organizations.
- Article 5 : Language
- The official languages of IFS are Japanese and English. However, Japanese shall be used for terminology regarding facilities,
- equipment and techniques.